Sunday, July 02, 2006

Announcing T-ish Pack

It has been busy two weeks for me. I've managed to publish two websites and two T-ish theme releases.

But before that just to mention: T-ish has made to digg's first page being mentioned in blog post about how to make gnome looks like OSX. That resulted with about 8000 downloads :))

Let's continue now:

Firstly I've published T-ish-Ubuntulooks variation of T-ish. Ubuntulooks had a few tricks that I long wanted to see in T-ish, so I've switched the engine, then made few gtk icon changes and published. I am mostly satisfied with the results, but theme was not really that much different to deserve separate version.

So then, I've decided to merge T-ish for Clearlooks and Tish for Ununtulooks into T-ish Pack. I have also added Graphite variation by Alejandro Cornejo.

So now we have:

  • T-ish - Clearlooks theme
  • T-ish Aguastyle - Clearlooks theme with some pixmap elements
  • T-ish-Ubuntulooks - Ubuntlooks theme
  • T-ish-Ubuntulooks Aguastyle - Ubuntulooks theme with some pixmap elements
  • T-ish-Ubuntulooks Graphite - same as above but thanks to Alejandro Cornejo

Changes between clearlooks and ubuntulooks variations include:

  • flat vs glassy look
  • different back, forward, up, down toolbar buttons
  • different gtk-close icon
  • different metacity close buttons (x vs dot)
If you wish,please leave a comment which you like better.

T-ish-Ubuntulooks is now deleted form www.gnomelook.org repository since it is obsolete.

Blogged with Flock

3 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful T-ish pack. I'm astounded at how much your guis have made the already pleasnt Ubuntu experience even more enjoyable for me. Wonderful design work.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger tmilovan said...

:))) Thank you. Hope you'll like what is coming.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger tmilovan said...

Actually, borders were someting wider in early versions but I've thinned them later for better appereance.

However I'm taking in account your suggestion, and with compiz themes having somewat wider borders too I'll probably fix this in the next release which is scheduled for september.

Hope you dont mind waiting so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home