Tuesday, May 16, 2006

First try - T-ish for Compiz

So, here it is.

My first try to make Compiz look T-ishable :)) As far from ideal as this is, it's a first step of my intention to make Compiz window borders as little noticeable as is possible. Since Compiz does not yet allow themeing my goal is to use GTK2 themeing engine to tweak colors to make Compiz blend seamlessly into T-ish.

For now I have achieved to remove border color by removing Clearlooks decorations, so window border can be the same as the rest of the window. The problem now is that window title text is to bright to read easily so I'm trying to find a way to influence it's text color. Any help is more then welcome :))

Also I have decided to go with separate themes for Compiz instead of tweaking and changing existing ones. However, in future that may change.

Feel free to give any suggestions for improvements if you have them. Just post them in the comments section below.

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

Hello, I saw your theme in KDE, and i saw the screenshot, can u please tell me what is the Dock u are using?

Thanks.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger tmilovan said...

It's additional gnome-panel with following settings (preferences):

Orientation bottom
Size 48px
Expand off
Autohide on
Show hide buttons on
Arrows on hide buttons off
Background none
Solid color white
Style transparent to your liking

Then just put some launchers on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home